Physical therapy for back and neck conditions focuses on the structures that supports the joints including muscles, tendons and ligaments. Goals of Back and Neck Physical Therapy:
To educate patients on proper posture and ergonomic principles to preserve the spine. To accelerate the stages of healing, which focus on:
- Reducing pain and inflammatory cycle.
- Restoring muscular flexibility, joint mobility and spine motion.
- Strengthening the involved muscles.
- Returning to normal activities.
- Preventing future occurrences.
- Ankylosing Spondylitis
- Neck Pain
- Degenerative Disc Disease
- Spondylosis (Osteoarthritis)
- Sprains and Strains
- Spinal Stenosis
- Chronic Pain
- Herniated Disc
- Piriformis Syndrome
- Back Pain